Plant Based Creamy Herb Veggie Dip
I feel like i’ve been really cranking out the recipes these days and i’ve really been enjoying it- I stopped for a while but I think you guys are loving it too! I have had an obsession with using coconut milk as the base for anything these days and also, anything with an “herb” or “onion” flavor…sign me UP. This is the perfect party dip because its dairy-free and completely plant based. I used Daiya Foods dairy free Chive and Onion Cream Cheeze Spread and used had only a couple extra ingredients! Make sure you have a high speed blender or food processor for the best result!
1/2 sweet onion (minced)
1 tsp oil of choice (I use avocado oil)
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup Coconut Milk
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
Food Processor or High Speed Blender
Veggies for dipping!
1. Heat up oil in a saute pan and add minced onion, stir
2. Once onion start to get fragrant, add garlic and stir to coat everything in oil
3. While onion and garlic is cooking, add all other ingredients (cream cheese, coconut milk, lemon juice and salt to the processor)
4. Pulse ingredients a few times to start getting things started
5. Add everything from saute pan to the processor and puree until completely combined and in a creamy consistency.
6. Optional: add more milk to make a little more thin, or less milk to make it more of a thicker sauce/dip
7. Can use as a dip for veggies, chips, etc or even as a sauce!
I got hooked on Daiya at Expo this year after trying a pizza with their cheese, it was SO good. They were Actually one of the first companies to come out with dairy- free cheeses. As an early pioneer of the plant-based foods movement, Daiya is committed to demonstrating “What Plant-Based Eating Looks Like”. I found out at Expo this year that they came out with Burritos (first dairy free frozen burritos that are plant-based and free from dairy, soy and gluten), Cutting Board Collection Shreds (award winning formula that melts and stretches just like dairy cheese), Cheeze Slices (always their fan-favorite with an upgraded square shape and an 80 percent reduction in packaging) and Coconut Cream Yogurt (newly reformulated that is now made with more coconut cream, 6g protein and 50% less sugar than others). Daiya’s selection of delicious dairy, gluten and soy free foods can be found in more than 25,000 grocery stores in the U.S., including Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway and Publix, as well as most natural food retailers.